There are numerous choices and decisions to be made when deciding to sell your home, and many of them can and will significantly affect whether or not you make a profit and how much time it takes to sell your home. Working with a real estate agent can
offer specialized knowledge in research, marketing and negotiations to help you meet or exceed your goals. According to the National Association of REALTORS®, 82 percent of home sales are the result of agent connections.
A Real Estate Agent will:
• Serve as your advocate and representative when dealing buyers’ agents and service providers.
• Help you establish a fair asking price that also meets your goals.
• Advise you on how to stage your home aesthetically to maximize its appeal to a broad base of buyers.
• Customized design a global marketing plan that will promote your home 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Tactics and activities can include the MLS, direct mail campaigns, fliers, yard signs,advertising, internet marketing and open houses.
• Schedule co-broke showings and home tours.
• Screen all offers, analyze and discuss their advantages and disadvantages.
• Assist, advise and represent you in making counteroffers.
• Assist in scheduling inspections and the appraisal.
• Review your closing documents.
• Represent you at closing and mediate any last-minute obstacles to ensure a smooth, successful transaction.
• Provide referrals to proven service providers, including with buyers, title companies, inspectors, appraisers, pest control, moving companies and more.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Real estate professionals can represent the seller, the buyer or both. When agents represent both parties, it is called dual agency. In Virginia, dual agency affects the real estate professional’s responsibilities to the seller and the buyer. For more in-depth answers about dual agency, speak with a member of our team about local practices in our area and how if could affect you.